Hello and Welcome


Hello and welcome to my little piece of blog-land where I share my cards and other crafty stuff I do.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx

Sunday 3 July 2016

Stash Kit Sunday #1

Hi There,

Today I am back with the first Stash Kit Sunday. For this series of prompt/challenges I decided that I would make up a mini kit from stuff I already had in my stash. I will pick a paper stack, some extras to go with and then come up with a few cards from it all.

For this kit I dug out a 12 x 12 paper stack called My Girl from American Crafts that I got ages ago from TK Maxx. I looked for the papers that had a smaller print on so I could cut them down to 6 x 6 so they would work better for cards. I matched up some bakers twine, some sequins and punched out some hearts and stars from gold and silver card stock add in a couple of stamps sets and I was good to go.


Here is the basic kit I made up




And here are the cards I made from this kit

 


 


 




I got a total of 12 cards from this kit, the others are very similar to these, just different colour/paper combos, and I still have plenty of paper left over.

This is a great way to make a dent in my rather large paper stash. I think I have a bit of a problem as I just love pattern papers but I tend not to use them very often, especially the 12 x 12 pads. Cutting them down to 6 x 6 squares is definitely the way to go and I will use papers I wouldn't have even looked at before.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorry, what a great idea and fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy. I need to make some sort of dent in my paper stash!! Hopefully this will help. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot to me.
Lorry :o) xx