Hello and Welcome


Hello and welcome to my little piece of blog-land where I share my cards and other crafty stuff I do.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx

Saturday 1 March 2014

A Poppy Thank You

I got some new stamps from my lovely friend Pat earlier in the week and I got a chance to have a play with them today.

The inspiration for this card is from a video I saw by the very talented Lindsey, The Frugal Crafter, she was drawing and colouring on an old book page (link here). I thought I would give it a go but as I don't have any old books (a trip to the local charity shop should fix that), I used some newsprint DSP from Stampin' Up! I used my Inktense pencils to colour the poppy, I wanted it nice and bold to stand out.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx




Ingredients:
Pattern Papers: Newsprint from Stampin' Up! Story Teller from Crate Paper and Ad Lib by Bo Bunny. I also used some tracing paper from Wilkinsons.
Stamps: Simply Sketched and Hardwood from Stampin' Up!
Punches: Notebook by Fiskars. 
Embellishment: Hemp Twine from Stampin' Up!


2 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love the overstamping on book print, will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot to me.
Lorry :o) xx